Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Boxes & karma...

Just a quick "hello" from amongst the boxes. We are packing to vacate the old barn which has served as our office/home-away-from-home/source-of-Eskom/DSTV zone for the past 18 months. We'll be moving into our new container complex on our farm tomorrow, which means that we will finally land on "the property". (Maybe we'll stop referring to it as "the property" soon.)

The new building looks amazing! I've had some serious doubts about the containers & recycled materials, but it's come together in a very weird, but utterly enjoyable way! Chunky has really delivered and the building process has been beautiful & utterly enjoyable. Looking forward to a little roof wetting as soon as the deck has a roof - pictures to follow soon.

Kevin has been dealing with the entire move by himself, as I have been busy with my new job. He's having to repay some karma, since he packed very little on our exodus our of Johannesburg. In the meanwhile, I've been working on my employment karma. It's been quite an experience to get back into the working reality, but I'm starting to get into the vibe.

My next report will be from Farm 119!

(My cousin who visited recently referred to it as: "The opposite of 9-11!")

No comments: